Diet for diabetes.
Chronic illness has no cure , diabetes is a disease that disrupts the patient's daily life: eating habits, physical activity, social life ... everything must be adjusted.
Today there are over 100 million diabetics in the world and 2.8% of the adult population is affected.
With a diabetes rate of about 20%, Americans are among the most affected populations. On the other hand, in Asia, there is a very low rate of people affected.
The fourth leading cause of death in industrialized countries is diabetes, which affects more and more people who know nothing about it.
In France, despite the low rate of people with diabetes, in a decade it has gone from 1.6 to 2.9 million patients: of these patients, 600,000 of them do not know they have it.
But what are the symptoms and causes of diabetes? Can this condition be treated with the virtues of plants?
Diabetes is defined as a 'disorder in the assimilation, use and storage of sugars supplied by food'.
In fact, this disease in the body is explained by hyperglycemia. This is an abnormal increase in blood sugar (or blood glucose levels).
Different types of diabetes and symptoms
There are three different types of diabetes, which are based on high blood sugar:
- Type 1 diabetes usually affects young people. Regardless of age, this type of diabetes occurs suddenly in the individual within a few days, and is manifested by excessive fatigue and weakness, intense thirst, stomach pain, the need to urinate regularly (day and night), weight loss in despite an increased appetite, vomiting and sometimes acetone-smelling breath. If the person does not receive prompt treatment, they are at risk of ketoacidosis coma.
- Type 2 diabetes.
Very "quiet", this type of diabetes usually affects overweight people over the age of 40.
In fact, it can be declared too late, even if hyperglycemia is detected.
There are often diseases or complications such as erection, leg pain, decreased visual acuity or even a heart attack which, by increasing the patient's insulin requirements, are a warning sign.
These include tingling in the hands, pain or cramps in the legs, poor healing, numbness, vascular or heart disease, vision problems, recurrent infections of the foreskin, gums, vulva, skin or bladder.
- Gestational diabetes
Like type 2 diabetes, which can be triggered by a sudden event or the use of certain medicines, gestational diabetes occurs mainly, as the name suggests, during pregnancy.
The patient complains of heavy urination, unusual fatigue, intense thirst and notices very rapid weight loss or weight gain.
Origins and causes of diabetes
The diet consists of carbohydrates (sugars, starches), proteins (meat) and lipids (fats).
When we consume them, the blood sugar level increases and the carbohydrates are converted into glucose.
Therefore, the pancreas is the one that detects blood sugar and secretes insulin which, in turn, promotes the penetration of glucose into the body. For this reason, the blood sugar level is regulated and glucose is converted into reserves and energy. In diabetics, this process is absent.
In type 1 diabetics, the immune system destroys the insulin-producing cells in the pancreas.
This may be due to external factors, including genetics, diet, climate (vitamin D production under the influence of ultraviolet light) or health (cystic fibrosis, cystitis, inflammation or pancreatic cancer).
In type 2 diabetics, their body is insulin resistant.
Not all causes would be identified, but we will maintain genetic, environmental (sedentary) and dietary factors (significant consumption of fasting and saturated fat), allied to the lack of physical activity.
For gestational diabetes, a family history of diabetes, polycystic ovary syndrome, recurrent urinary tract infections, obesity, high blood pressure, prediabetes (or glucose intolerance), restrictive diets even if you have given birth to a 4 kg child ... The causes are multiple.
Natural Diabetes Treatment:
Some herbal remedies are valuable for people with gestational diabetes.
While some are known to stimulate the pancreas, others reduce the ability of cells to resist insulin.
In addition, some herbs reduce the risk of type 2 or poorly controlled gestational diabetes or contain insulin.
Among them, we highlight among others:
- Onions : due to its antioxidant, antihyperglycemic and hypoglycemic properties, it reduces blood lipid levels.
Onions can be eaten raw (30-40 g per day), in tincture (40-50 drops 3 times a day) in soup or infusion.
- Blueberries: Composed of several antioxidants, blueberries facilitate the receptivity of cells to insulin, reducing blood sugar levels.
Consumed raw, free and without added sugars, would be very effective against diabetes.
- Garlic: due to its compounds, garlic has a positive effect on blood sugar, but also on the complications of diabetes (triglycerides, cholesterol).
It can be consumed as an alcoholic tincture (20 to 30 drops per day), raw, chopped or chopped (1 to 2 cloves per day)
or as a powder of 0.5 to 1 g per day (between -a gastro-resistant capsule).
- Chia: Composed of several nutrients, this plant destabilizes sugar levels in people with diabetes.
To do this, it is recommended to immerse a few tablespoons in ten times its volume of water.
Then add the cinnamon and let it sit for an hour, not more than 20 minutes before consuming it.
- Eucalyptus: slightly hypoglycemic, eucalyptus leaf would increase insulin secretion. Planters recommend an infusion to support the low-calorie diet prescribed to a diabetic.
As a dose, a teaspoon of broken dried leaves is enough for a cup of very hot water.
Let stand for 10 minutes. Drink 2 or 3 times a day.
On the other hand, 2 to 3 drops 3 times a day of eucalyptus essential oil also have an effect on diabetes.
As for the mother tincture, 50 drops 3 times a day are enough.
- Fenugreek: As part of the treatment of type 1 and 2 diabetes, its seed (powdered or germinated) would be very effective.
Hypoglycemic, consumed daily or at every meal.
- Ginseng: the hypoglycemic medicinal plant, ginseng can be taken as a mother tincture or decoction.
- Black Walnut: known for its hypoglycemic properties, this plant can be ingested in the form of a decoction or mother tincture.
- Nettle: the diuretic plant, nettle reduces blood sugar.
- Psyllium: Psyllium powder, added to cereals and cereals, lowers blood glucose.
- Olive: its leaves are known for their hypoglycemic, antioxidant and hypotensive properties.
Planters recommend macerating glycerin with 1D yolks (50 to 100 drops per day), mother tincture (60 drops per day) or even cryogenic crushed leaf powder (0.5 to 1 g per day).
As for the infusion of olive leaves, it would be less effective.
well known about diabetes
As part of the treatment of type 2 diabetes, herbs or their extracts may be effective. However, regular (additional) medical monitoring is always recommended.
But beware: to treat the same condition, it is not necessary to combine all the plants. 2 or 3 would be enough.
Always seek the advice of your experts and / or doctor.
We recommend discount books on natural remedies for diabetes on this site. Dr. Zaidi will recommend recipes for natural remedies for diabetes.
Summary: But what are the symptoms and causes of diabetes? Can this condition be treated with the virtues of plants? Some herbs reduce the risk of type 2 or poorly controlled diabetes or contain insulin. Discounted books on natural remedies for diabetes written by Dr. Zaidi